I’m considering doing a little redecorating here at PP.net.
The lovely layout that is presently in use is just a common, non-customized theme from the WordPress defaults. Its pretty clean and whatnot, but it doesn’t really scream Penelope Price or Incandescence to me. Heck, it doesn’t even murmur “this is a writer’s blog” or the like. Its generic, and though it features a lovely dark rainbow background there is really nothing “me” about the layout.
So I’m considering shaking things up.
This provides a problem for several reasons.
- No Money
- Little Time
- Vague Graphic Design Talent
- Out-of-Date Coding Skills
- Archaic Editing Suite
- Pickiness that Precludes Working Well with Others
I used to run a personal blog and I was always dressing up the domain with bits of code and artwork-tricks I had picked up around the interwebs. I changed the landing page less frequently (one-to-four times a year) and the blog itself every other month or so. I am afraid to start fiddling with the aesthetics of PP.net because – God knows – I will never be satisfied. I will start trolling the interwebs for artwork and photographs and then start burning the midnight hours trying to re-learn my former skills at Paint Shop Pro to make them look pretty and at HTML/CSS coding to get the layout just right. I will have to learn the coding behind Word Press so I can edit the layout to work with the Word Press engine. I will- oh my gosh, I’m giddy and terrified just THINKING of having a new task to take on.
After all, I am still not done with Draft Two of Incandescence, nor am I done with Draft One of Inferno and I am already fighting off like, four new story ideas…
Someone save me.
Still, I think the layout does matter and I won’t be happy sticking with this generic one forever. If I don’t start now… I’ll have to start eventually… right?
Love & Rainbows,
Today has been one of those days.
Its only noon-thirty.
That does NOT bode well for the rest of the day. And yes, I did in fact just use the term ‘noon thirty’ with a straight face. I like it. Don’t judge me!
So, without any further ado, I present unto you … a list.
This may well be the first list on PP.net. Well, the first list-post, anyway. Maybe. I’d have to check. And since I don’t have time to shower, I certainly don’t have time for that kind of research. So.
Here are the top twelve reasons why I do not have a new post today.
- Slept in until 6:07 a.m. Work starts at 7 a.m. You do the math.
- Editing Incandescence. Half-way done. Broke the mental block and am kicking its @$$.
- Writing posts for the VBT – just to keep up with the schedule.
- Work. Usually, the first hour is slow. Today, it was insanity.
- Doctor appointments. Jack and I are running medical errands all afternoon.
- Camp NaNoWriMo. I am 10k words behind already.
- PB: The Legend of Mim. I am 5 days overdue on Installment number two.
- Fizzy Water. I’m out of the caffeine-free, sugar-free, carbonated water that keeps me going.
- Jogging. Last night I jogged three short sections of our nightly circuit. I’m sore.
- Creativity. I don’t gots it.
- Proper Grammar. Apparently ^^^ I don’t HAVE it either.
- Jack. LoTRO. Facebook. Life. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!
Love & Rainbows,